How to use this Program?
How to use this Program?
During the 10-week online program, you will be guided step-by-step along the way.
- Each of the 5 Steps of Living Yinly has a specific theme and takes two weeks.
- Each week you will work through various healing tools & techniques focusing on your BODY, MIND & SOUL.
- Each week you will also have a suggested plan.
For the best results, I highly suggest you stick to it as much as you can... within reason.
If you are like me, you probably don't like rules. You don't like being put into a box and don't like being told what to do. However, you would like some guidelines from an expert in her field — someone who has personally gone through this process of healing, and who is currently living her best life.
That is why I haven't given you rules, but I have given you a suggested plan instead.
If you are a high achiever, like I used to be, you may also be a perfectionist and want to stick to the plan perfectly. Don't be too rigid. Just because I say this plan works for most people, if you are not feeling it on that day, don't push through because you 'should.'
Or, if you find it challenging to be motivated and encouraged, then definitely stick to the weekly suggested plan to keep you accountable.
Do your best. But listen to your own body. You are your own GURU ( and guru, by the way, means Gee You Are You) - I am not in your body, I don't know what is best for you... you do, if you listen.
The suggested plan will cover weekly yoga, meditations, breathing techniques, nutritional suggestions, and lifestyle tips. And each week you will receive new content according to the various themes of that particular step.
Now if you look at the suggested plan and think "wooooaaahhhhh, I don't have the time to fit this all in!" Then think again. The main thing is that it is flexible according to you, and will be simple to follow. No thinking needed!
Remember, it's all about priorities!
Don't try to add more to your day (that's not the point of this program or the point of life!). You want to do less so you can achieve more.
How to create more time in your day.
Here are a few suggestions on how to create more time in your day for what is important to you (completing this program!):
- Cut down on your phone screen time (see if you can get it to 2.5hrs a day)
- Watch less Netflix
- Do only 3 cardio workouts per week, no more. You don't need to train every day. if you want to stick to a simple exercise routine then do so... but make sure you get the yoga in - that is your priority these 10 weeks, not overdoing it at the gym. I promise you won't put on weight! You will probably lose weight because your body will be back in balance.
- Say no to commitments that are not serving you.
- Stop trying to please everyone.
- Rest more so you have more energy to do the work on yourself. No-one feels like reflecting on life when they've come back from a hectic day at the office, to screaming kids and a demanding partner. Put down boundaries & carve out the time for you - like you would a meeting or doctors appointment.
- Get support - tell your partner, friends, colleagues, the family that you are doing this program and that they need to support you in the process (whether taking the kids for an hour to give you a break, or making dinner, or assisting you emotionally - whatever you need). Remind them that they will benefit too with a happier, healthier more inspired you!
It's your time to be a little selfish. I give you permission!
Yes, you get what you give. But you can't give what you don't have. When you look after yourself, you can then give back to others. You can't give from an empty cup.
Why 10 weeks?
When I experienced chronic fatigue in 2017, I did a lot of research on burnout. Some sources said that it could take up to two years to fully recover. I don't know about you but I didn't have two years!
It took me a while to totally surrender but eventually in 2018 I put myself on my own natural healing burnout recovery program for 10 weeks.
Why this amount of time? Well I had come across new research and discovered, through a workshop that I attended with functional medicine doctor, Dr Yulli, that – contrary to popular belief – it doesn’t take 21 days to change a habit.
According to recent science and research, on average, it takes more than two months before a new behaviour becomes automatic — 66 days to be exact.
How long it takes a new habit to form, also varies hugely depending on the behaviour, the person, and the circumstances. But 66 days is the average amount of time... just under 10 weeks!
I knew that my life had to drastically change. I couldn't carry on the way I was going. I had to redesign my life and not just in one area... all of it! If i wanted to make a lasting difference and discover true contentment in ALL areas of my life, I needed to go all in!
I had an out of office email on my account for 9 months, I broke up with my boyfriend, told my parents, friends & clients I was staying in Bali until I healed and I spent 10 weeks fully immersing myself in my recovery program of natural healing.
After the 10 weeks I felt like a new person - physically, mentally & emotionally. I went from not being able to stand without feeling like I was going to faint or pass out, to climbing Table Mountain in Cape Town 6 months later (something impossible for a person with chronic fatigue!)
Not everyone has months to spend in Bali healing, that is why I have created this program. I have taken the best healing experiences from what I experienced in those 10 weeks, as well as almost two decades of professional knowledge, and put it together for you in a simple, step-by-step plan so that it takes the stress and ‘brain work’ out for you. You just need to work through it, one week and one moment at a time. And even if you are not currently burnt out or suffering from chronic illness, this program will still guide you to get unstuck and feel joyful in all areas of your life.
It worked for me, this program has worked for my clients, and now it's time for you to discover how to redesign your life so you can slow down, tune in, let go, wake up… and live your best life!
What is included in this program?
Each week is the same structure - split into body, mind, and soul sections - and through this we work through the 5 Step Path of Living Yinly.
The basic structure looks as follows...
~ Lifestyle tips on how to get back into balance & how to heal
~ Nutritional support & food diary guide
~ Yang Yoga - Vinyasa & Hatha based 25min videos
~ Yin Yoga - 1hr long audios & PDF posture guides
~ Guided Visualizations
~ Meditation mantras
~ Pranayama breathing techniques
~ Life Coaching Tools
4) Expert interview
~ Interviews with expert healers, yogi’s & wellness consultants who are based in Bali but also work word-wide.
In total you get:
- x 5 hrs hours of Yang Yoga videos
- x 10 hrs hours of Yin Yoga audios
- x 3.5 hrs hours of expert wellness healer interviews
- x 37 Coaching Tools
- Plus an additional 20 PDF worksheets, 2hrs of audio and further video content